Loss.

And then,
you find,
what you want,
in front of you.

And that grisly hollowness approaches,
for the first time,
Loss is at hand.

Respect,
is lost.
Love,
never meant for me.

Who is in my thoughts,
prefers another,
I never knew what that meant.
Now, devil; leave the others,
take me with you.

I am a vessel,
of sorrow,
I am taken along,
but given nothing in return.

What is mine,
I cannot own,
the paths are crossed,
for a brief journey of lost hope.

The tears,
that trickled for me once,
are not mine anymore.
Where there should be envy,
is a raging calm.

I dreamed of a ride,
where everything would be left behind,
I dreamt alone.
I lived it alone.
Now, I must lose the dream alone.

And the night is over,
there is no sound,
no bells chiming,
no skipping heartbeats.

The breeze is dry,
I leave behind,
Fading footsteps,
and a sense of loss.

1 comments:

aSTha said...

LOSS..always seem so familiar..everyone can relate to it in some manner or other..yet we believe its our own..we start seeing our own loss in the words of others..

Copyright © 2008 - Water and Ice Cream - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template