Defeat.

And this world will end,
this muck,
hopes, dashed.
failures, smile.
Despair never ends.

This quicksand earth,
these heightened ambitions,
I am not a man,
I was never man enough,
To deal with triumph.

You people,
leave a corpse be,
you've played with my dreams,
you've demanded more than I am,
I'm already dead.

And you,
who showed me what never was,
you'll leave me,
and join your promised land,
But before you do,
Give me a gun,
and I'll shoot what's left of my paradise.

I should've never been here,
I should've never dreamed,
I should've burned my world,
before it gave me a reason to be.

Rebel, of poems,
Castrated, of my half a life.
I prance around, with delusions of sophistication,
Impotent a man, with no purpose to be.

I'll shine a light,
on my silence,
I'll revisit my weakness,
sit on the floor,
and do nothing.

Work escapes me,
responsibilities avoid me,
pain mocks me,
I chase a rainbow,
made of dirt, blood and slime.

I came alone,
I tread alone,
This world will end,
Sail on sailor,
Defeat awaits on the shore.

4 comments:

aSTha said...

amazing display of emotions..loved the flow of it..

Unknown said...

Hey, thanks.
I don't consider this one of my better ones though. It lacks structure and mature thought. It was just a flow of random sadness, which almost always makes for bad poetry.
But, Keep Reading!

aSTha said...

that's why i said 'emotions'..one always see the flow not the poetry..it's always an experience to read thoughts of a particular time. :)

Unknown said...

I'm glad you liked it!

Copyright © 2008 - Water and Ice Cream - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template