Strangers

I walked past you and looked at you twice.

And daily I meet you strangers

A black sweater does fine, with your hands in your pockets

And I am shivering with cold with my hands crossed

I look into your eyes and you look into mine

Were we supposed to meet like this and see each other?

To just notice each other at this place and this point of time?

A glance which is slightly longer than a glance,

A slight hint of expectation.

A slight hint of anticipation.

If I can give you something and you can give me something in return,

Or we can have a future and those conversations

Where I talk and you look at me and you talk and I look at you.

Where we laugh on some silly joke.

When you steal a glance again and wish I would stop a while;

I know what you’re thinking and I think the same.

But you walk past me and I walk past you.

And I hear your footsteps fading away.

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Water and Ice Cream - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template