Gone are the Summer Holidays!

I am missing home. I was so excited about the holidays. And now it's all gone. I have to join my internship almost at a week's notice after my exams and I dunno where will I stay for one month as the hostel will remain closed till July.Or I'll have to pay a lot more to stay here for one month, that too alone in this whole building.And plus the whole project related research I have to do before I join there, which is not possible in Indore, cos obviously I have not subscribed any international science journal at home! So I won't be home in June.Which is the celebration month at home.My sister and my dad will be home after a long long time.It's like there are no summer holidays this time. I just realised how important summer holidays are in our life. We have been conditioned to the concept of summer holidays since we're nursery kids. From then till college we enjoy summer holidays. They are a collection of happy memories that we cherish forever.All cycling races, all the twilight games, hide and seek, mangoes and mango shakes, ice-creams for dessert at dinner, a house full of relatives, the sound of an old cooler in my ear - it's all in the summer.
But this time I will miss the various cake cuttings and gift sessions that go on in June as there are so many birthdays and anniversaries coming up. I will miss seeing my dad collecting all the gift wrapping papers for future re-use. I will miss posing for the numerous photos we take while sitting in the drawing room opening the gifts. I will miss evening walks with my dad. I will miss eating south Indian food too many times just because my sister likes it. I will miss wearing my sister's clothes.I will miss being asked 'which vegetable to cook' by my mum. I will miss taking as afternoon nap in my grandparent's room (their is AC is really effective), I will also miss hugging my motu dadi while sleeping near her.I will miss watching lazily the afternoon movies that come on tv.I will miss watching my grandfather eat mangoes. I will miss the shiny smile on his face when he brings fruits for us from the market.I will miss those times when we would play dumb charads at the night when there are electricity cuts. I will miss fighting with my sister and then placating her.I will miss the sound of utensils that comes constantly from the kitchen while my mum and grandmum are cooking and the delicious smell of food that follows it. I will miss the sound of tv serials that comes from all the near by houses when I go for a night walk with my family. I will also miss finding ways to meet aniket. And hiding myself in a blanket to talk on the phone for the whole night while sleeping beside my mum.I will miss making a resolution at night to wake up early the next day for a morning walk and then eventually wake up at 10 am.
Soon this cycle of summer holidays will end.I will enter the cycle of home-office-home-sunday in the following years. The summer time will just be another season.

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Water and Ice Cream - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template