Theatric confession

I had rented this DVD on the recommendation of one of my seniors at college. "Let's Talk" the cover said. Boman Irani the cover said. Maia Katrak the cover said. And then some. Appeared harmless. I watched the movie with my mother. I found the movie, though initially good, average at best.  I could not understand the symbolism used and the relevance of certain scenes in the movie.



Just as the movie concluded, I was contemplating on how this piece of alternative Indian cinema achieved critical hype and I was becoming slightly reluctant on giving this movie much of my admiration. Then, I saw mum. Behind those marginally imposing, out-of-vogue spectacles, I noticed wetness that one usually associates with crying. At that very instant, I realized that the movie had brilliantly depicted the emotional problems every woman faces during her married life. I wish I had the courage to hug my mother at that moment. But alas, I could only wonder about the power of cinema and the cruelties of life. Alas.

8 comments:

Deepa Goyal said...

well written...you could review the movie a little more...a little detail about it maybe

Anonymous said...

stupid fools
maa ke

Unknown said...

Abey teri maa ki... gurda hai to naam bata.
In other words, cut the chikenshitting and get into an argument real quick.

zorked said...

shant ho jao..yeh bhi koi ladne ki jagah hai!!

Unknown said...

I completely agree.

Unknown said...

cute man....write more.the blog is just adorable!!

said...

Hi Aniket,

Well, i finally did it- read your blog that is!

Your write-ups make for interesting reading..you could give Tarun Adarsh, Rajeev what's-his-name (dont know very many of them) & the rest of the clan a run for their money..Keep at it! This movie has the distinction of completing my list of 'a-million- -films-to-watch-before-i-turn-20'!! ;))

You & Parul present a good mix of articles.
Keep your pens rolling!
Cheers!

said...

Just posted a comment & realized that its used some identity( né)of some account created some time in some distant past..Just incase you are both left asking each other ' who she'? , well - 'c'est moi' :)
Neha

Copyright © 2008 - Water and Ice Cream - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template